Ancient Tantra assures that by practicing Tantra breathing, you free yourself of the stress that plagues your life. You will be able to use Tantra breathing to relax, and to finally experience relaxation as the natural state of your being.
Deep Tantra breathing is both calming and energizing. The Tantra energy you feel after a few minutes of careful Tantra breathing is not uneasy or forceful – it is the calm, steady energy we all need. Slow, steady, and quiet Tantra breathing delivers a soothing internal massage to your nervous system.
The Tantra breathing technique called Prana tattwa should be practiced in the morning, and on an empty stomach. This will release an optimum amount of Tantra energy into the system.
1. To begin this Tantra technique, sit with your spine as straight as possible. Use a chair if necessary, but don’t slump into it. Keep your feet flat on the floor, with the knees directly over the center of your feet. Use a book or cushion under your feet if they do not rest comfortably on the floor. Keep your hands on the tops of your legs.
2. Close your eyes gently and let them rest behind closed lids.
3. Visualize your ribs, at the front, back, and at the sides of your body. Your lungs are behind those ribs.
4. Begin the Tantra breathing routine by feel your lungs filling up, your ribs expanding out and up. Feel your lungs emptying, your ribs coming back down and in. Don’t push the breath.
5. The first few times you do this Tantra breathing technique, do it only for five minutes. Gradually step up to ten minutes.
Practicing Prana tattwa Tantra breathing for a few minutes each day gradually prepares you for learning the various advanced Tantra postures/mudras and kriyas.
Obtaining expert guidance from an experienced, authentic Tantra teacher while practicing ancient Tantra breathing is extremely important. Remember that by practicing these Tantra techniques, you are fundamentally inviting powerful forces of self-realization into your life. When these ancient Tantra techniques are practiced under expert supervision, they have the potential to change your life to the core.